Thursday, September 5, 2013

a little summer knitting

Here is a look at my last finished shawl, Marigold by Susanna . 
 
 
  And here is an up-close and personal look at the beading. This is my second project this year with  beading.  I like the end result of a little sparkle a lot, but don't want to OD on it as it really slows me down.

 
 I cast on extra stitches to Marigold as I wanted it a set wider than the original pattern.  The 101 stitch cast on resulted in a very nice, very wearable width.  
 
 
This is my second shawl this summer knit with Blue Heron Egyptian Mercerized Cotton (OH MY, I just realized I failed to blog about that first project, Radiance....I'll save that for a future blog!) Anyhow, back to Marigold that was knit using #5 needles in the colorway called Blueberry. The color is so pretty and the shawl is lightweight and I really like it a lot, but was glad when it was finished. 

 
I think this one will be worn often.  Actually I'm going to a Birthday Dinner tonight and think Marigold will accompany me!!

 
Now to share a Momentous Occasion!  Dawn made cookies, Sugar Cookies, Yummy Cookies, that the Gardener and MIL can't get enough of Cookies!


 
The dough was cut into Halloween shapes!  OK...I know it's over a month till the Holiday, but if the store can already be selling and displaying Christmas this and the other.....then I can have Halloween stuff Sugar Cookies at my house.

 
This is a recipe shared by Kristenlynnea at her new recipe blog.  As wonderful as these did turn out for me, I think they were a bit thicker than the recipe calls for, next time I will roll about 1/2 as thin as my first attempt.  BUT they still were yummy and also wonderful for a little coffee dipping in the morning!

 
Wishing you a day filled with many blessings and a Momentous Occasion of your own.

Hugs and Purls!
Dawn

5 comments:

Mereknits said...

Dawn, your shawl is absolutely beautiful. Love the color and the beading, it is perfect.
Hugs,
Meredith

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Beautifully done, Dawn! Love that color, too. blessings ~ tanna

Linda said...

Your shawl is gorgeous! Simply delightful! The color is so yummy too!!! You are a lovely knitter. I'm slowly working away at some knitted items here. Not much done on any of them. But if I didn't start so many, maybe I would get something done!

Linda in VA

Kristen said...

I was so surprised to see my name and a link to my blog! Thank you! I am also making those cookies again this Saturday in boat shapes for America's Cup. I will think of you when I do! Love your pretty new shawl.

Kamao Poot said...

Find best Home based Business without any work, just invest and rest with your profit
EarningsClub.com