Thursday, September 5, 2013

a little summer knitting

Here is a look at my last finished shawl, Marigold by Susanna . 
 
 
  And here is an up-close and personal look at the beading. This is my second project this year with  beading.  I like the end result of a little sparkle a lot, but don't want to OD on it as it really slows me down.

 
 I cast on extra stitches to Marigold as I wanted it a set wider than the original pattern.  The 101 stitch cast on resulted in a very nice, very wearable width.  
 
 
This is my second shawl this summer knit with Blue Heron Egyptian Mercerized Cotton (OH MY, I just realized I failed to blog about that first project, Radiance....I'll save that for a future blog!) Anyhow, back to Marigold that was knit using #5 needles in the colorway called Blueberry. The color is so pretty and the shawl is lightweight and I really like it a lot, but was glad when it was finished. 

 
I think this one will be worn often.  Actually I'm going to a Birthday Dinner tonight and think Marigold will accompany me!!

 
Now to share a Momentous Occasion!  Dawn made cookies, Sugar Cookies, Yummy Cookies, that the Gardener and MIL can't get enough of Cookies!


 
The dough was cut into Halloween shapes!  OK...I know it's over a month till the Holiday, but if the store can already be selling and displaying Christmas this and the other.....then I can have Halloween stuff Sugar Cookies at my house.

 
This is a recipe shared by Kristenlynnea at her new recipe blog.  As wonderful as these did turn out for me, I think they were a bit thicker than the recipe calls for, next time I will roll about 1/2 as thin as my first attempt.  BUT they still were yummy and also wonderful for a little coffee dipping in the morning!

 
Wishing you a day filled with many blessings and a Momentous Occasion of your own.

Hugs and Purls!
Dawn

4 comments:

Mereknits said...

Dawn, your shawl is absolutely beautiful. Love the color and the beading, it is perfect.
Hugs,
Meredith

Tanna said...

Beautifully done, Dawn! Love that color, too. blessings ~ tanna

Linda said...

Your shawl is gorgeous! Simply delightful! The color is so yummy too!!! You are a lovely knitter. I'm slowly working away at some knitted items here. Not much done on any of them. But if I didn't start so many, maybe I would get something done!

Linda in VA

Kristen Rettig said...

I was so surprised to see my name and a link to my blog! Thank you! I am also making those cookies again this Saturday in boat shapes for America's Cup. I will think of you when I do! Love your pretty new shawl.